Thursday, September 1, 2011

my healthier burger option


Like many an American, I love a good burger. I was having a craving for one for lunch today and this is my healthier option I had today.
Here is the nutritional breakdown as per the labels of ingediants and what I got off the TLS website.
Calories 420 Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Carbs 52g, Fiber 14g, Sugars 5g Protien 26g 

Now, can you guess what all is in it?

Comparatively, here are the nutritional values of your average BK Whopper with cheese.
Calories 790, Fat 48g, Cholesterol 114 mg, Carbs 52, Fiber 3g, Sugars 13g, Protien 35g

Whopper w/cheese nutritional data
While the carbs are similar, I can tell you this, theirs is more from the refined white flour and less then the veggies. Where mine is more from veggies and the roll in mine uses whole grains.

2 comments:

  1. So I can tell that the bun is one of those Sandwich Thins. Can't remember who they are from off the top of my head. What is the burger base? Portabella Mushroom? VegiBurger? or just extra lean ground beef (no hormones or antibiotics)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still pretty new to blogger and it's giving me trouble leaving comments on my own blog for some reason.
    Anyway, it was a Morningstar Farms Chipolte Blackbean burger. An Arnolds sandwich thin as you stated, a slice of Sargento Asiago cheese, 1/4 tbsp of Hellmann's olive oil mayo, two Claussen dill pickle slices, spinach, chopped grape tomatoes, grilled red and green pepper & red onion.

    ReplyDelete