Monday, September 19, 2011

cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger

Ok, yesterday, September 18, 2011 was National Cheeseburger day! So in honor of that, and the fact I love a good cheeseburger I diverged slightly from my healthier eating plan. Still, I kept it as healthy as possible within the parameters that a good ol american cheeseburger goes.

A lean beef patty
one whole grain hamburger bun
slice of reduced fat cheddar
slice of tomato
sauteed peppers & onion
spinach - instead of iceberg lettuce
and tbsp of roasted garlic & tomato mayo I made.

For the mayo, I took
4 tbsp of a healthier olive oil mayo (there are many on the market now)
1/2 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
a heaping tbsp of minced garlic
tsp of cilantro puree
a light drizzle of garlic olive oil
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
a pinch of seasoned salt
a 1/2 tsp of garlic powder

In a small pan (using a light spray of olive oil non-stick spray) sautee the garlic and tomato until the tomato begins to break down and the garlic carmelizes lightly without burning. Add that to the rest of the ingredients and puree in a blender or small food processer. I used one of those magic bullets for this step - just the right size.

No comments:

Post a Comment